Digital marketing is the process of performing marketing tasks over the internet. Businesses use digital channels such as search engines, social media networks, email, and other online services to connect with current and prospective customers. Digital marketing also includes communication through text or multimedia messages.
Virtually every business needs digital marketing as people and the world is connected and communicates via online channels. Almost every brand needs to have a website or at least some kind of online presence on a social media network. Digital content and digital marketing activities are important for consummers to be connected and know about the brands they like.
Digital marketing also enables brands to reach new customers and new markets that otherwise would be impossible or expensive to reach. There are a lot of channels and marketing strategies to explore and as always, it takes some time in the begining to see what works but later it can bring many results. A very important tatic is to build brand awareness. Digital marketing uses numerous digital tactics and channels to connect with customers where they spend much of their time: online. Digital marketers need to have a clear picture of how each digital marketing campaign supports their overarching goals.
Why is digital marketing important?
Digital marketing helps to reach larger audiences than you could through traditional methods. Also Digital marketing channels are generally more targeted, enabling to target prospects who are most likely to buy the product or service. Additionally, it ends being more cost-effective than traditional advertising and it also the results can be more measureble.
The major benefits of digital marketing are:
- Enables to reach larger audiences
- Enables better targeted audiences, with more segmentation
- Results can be more mensurable
- Follow up can be easy to do
- It is more ost-effective than outbound marketing, with proce per lead much lower
- Overall digital marketing evens the playing field within the industry, allowing to compete with bigger brands
- Very easy to change digital marketing strategy ean experiment new methods.
What types of Digital Marketing exist?
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Content Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Pay Per Click (PPC)
- Affiliate Marketing
- Native Advertising
- Marketing Automation
- Email Marketing
- Online PR
- Inbound Marketing
- Sponsored Content
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Instant Messaging Marketing